BEYOND Wellhead Tools
Wellhead tools are used for wellhead operations on the drill floor. It’s divided into tools for lifting and unloading drilling tools, mainly including links, elevators, slips and safety clamps, manual tongs, bushings, etc. Manual tongs are used for loading and unloading all kinds of downhole drilling tool threads. Elevators are used to hang, lift, and lower drill strings. Slips are used to hold the drill string and hang it on the rotary table.
1. The link is for lifting and lowering the pipe string to hang the elevator during drilling and workover operations. It can be divided into single-arm and double-arm link.
2. The elevator is used to directly hang the pipe string during drilling and repair operations. Such as DDZ, DD, and CDZ elevator.
3. The slip is used to hold and suspend drill strings in wells during drilling. Slips are mainly composed of slip bodies, slip teeth, handles, and connectors. Such as drill pipe, casing, and tubing slip.
4. The Safety Clamp is used to prevent the drilling tool from slipping down when making up or breaking off in oil and gas drilling operations. Such as WA-T, WA-C, MP-R safety clamp, etc.
5. The tong is the main tool for connecting drill strings, used for loading and unloading drill thread and tightening buckle. Such as manual tong and hydraulic tong.